Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's official ...

Only Mother Nature can stop the H-W Demons.

Momma didn't want us to go 7-0 on Thursday night. She knew I wanted to watch the NBA draft ... and then lose my dinner when my Bulls picked Joakim Noah.

Just what the Bulls needed - another big man who is offensively challenged. I haven't been this upset with a draft since we took Dickey Simpkins in the first round.

By the way, we won't have Sprague to kick around any more. Our former teammate has moved on to a sports editor's gig in Pittsfield, Mass. I would like to dedicate this championship season in his honor.

Thoughts?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Equally bad first round draft pick: When the Chicago Bears drafted a special teams player in the first round of the 1995 draft. A punter no less, Todd Sauerbrun. It may be a Chicago thing. Creating a history of questionable first round picks.

Good luck to Sprague. Does this mean we have to stop picking on him now?

June 29, 2007 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.

June 29, 2007 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ahead. Like I --- er, he --- will care.

July 03, 2007 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home